Monday, August 15, 2005

Art History Exam

Name These Famous Subjects

You May Begin


1



2



3



4



5



6



7



8



9



10

Time's up
Answers next class.



_____________________________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

Kate said...

9 out of 10 piece of cake. but don't want to give up on the van gough mystery man.

Molly said...

1- Penelope Cruz
2- Gene Wilder
3- Natalie Portman
4- Lisa Kudrow
5- Bozo the Clown
6- "You talkin' to me?"
7- ? I'm stumped too. Clearly a Van Gogh, but...
8- Liv Tyler
9- Winona Ryder
10- Johnny Depp

It's been too long since AP Art History for me to name the artists of each one, but if you have that you should include it with the answers, I'm curious.

Anyone disagree with any of mine?

Kate said...

molly! you're not supposed to reveal the answers!! silly!

Kate said...

BTW - I disagree with "You're talking to me?" since you're revealing aswers - I think it's DeNiro.

Anonymous said...

Sorry bozo is wrong. Try again

Anonymous said...

I know #5 - I'm the artist! We were in that little Fox pub in Chelsea, remember? The rest are too tough for me.

Anonymous said...

VanGogh man - Ewan McGregor? Johnny Depp looks like Puss in Boots. Funny.

Anonymous said...

O.K. nice job class.

1. Penelope Cruz standing in for 'Pavonia' by Lord Frederick Leighton.

2. Wonka...of Chocolate

3. Natalie Portman may have posed for Jean-Baptiste Greuze in 1786.

4. St. Lisa Kudrow by Raphael.1508

5. Duke of Bozo by Jennifer Pubcrawler. Circa June 2005.

6. Deniro the Storyteller

7. Ewan Mcgregor, meets Vincent VanGogh...

8. Portriat of Liv Tyler by Jaques-Louis David circa 1799.

9. Winona Ryder,Sometimes called "The Saks Portrait," it might have been Renoir's most famous if it had not vanished from his studio almost immediately after the sitting was completed.

10. Fop Dandy Depp sits for Dutch painter Frans Hals 1645.

See you next week!

Molly said...

Ohhh...Ewan Mcgregor. Toughie.

Is mom the Dutchess of Bozo then?

Winona must have been researching a role for a movie about french impressionism.

The clock and jeopardy song were a nice touch. Bring on the next quiz!

Kate said...

sorry, Mol you had it right, I was thinking Joe Pesci when you said 'you talkin to me?' not taxi driver. :)